Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Unable to change individual page background w/ body.page-id-

Old Sep 24, 2011, 04:52 PM
tikijj

8 posts · Jul 2011
Hello, thank you all for your help.

I've done lots of searches on this forum to find the answer to my problem, but I have not found the answer. So here's my question.

My blog currently has different background images for the homepage and the posts. Recently I have installed a forum on my site and I want to give the forum a unique background color.

I am using 'Simple Press' as the forum software if that matters at all.

I inserted this code in the CSS Insert without success;
body.page-id-7242 {
background: #999999;
}

I'm using W3 Total Cache, but I have disabled the cache for the forum page.

The forum page also uses a custom page template, so it doesn't display the widgets, header, and footer. I used this code for the template;
<?php
/**
Template Name: Page with background only

*/
?>
<html>
<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_url'); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<style type="text/css">
body { background-color: #cccccc; }
#page-content { width: 1024px; margin: 1px auto }
#page-content p { font-size: 13px; font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 1.5em; text-align: justify; }
</style>
<title><?php wp_title( '|', true, 'right' ); bloginfo('name'); ?></title>
<?php wp_head(); ?>
</head>

<body>
<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
<div id="page-content">
<?php the_content(); endwhile; ?>
</div>
</body>
</html>

I tried changing the background from the template as well, but it hasn't worked.

Can anyone help me set a different background color for my forum page?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 05:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL pointing to the issue?

try 'background-color: #999999;'

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 24, 2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 05:43 PM
tikijj

8 posts · Jul 2011
Sorry about that, I forgot to include those information.
http://kpopfever.com/forum/

Atahualpa 3.6.7
WordPress 3.2.1.

I just tried color #999999 in the CSS insert and it hasn't worked. Thank you.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the template is not including a class in the <body> which is why the css doesn't apply. try changing the <body> to
HTML Code:
<body class="page-id-7242">
and it would be a good idea to do some reading and playing with CSS. w3schools.com/css is a good resource
set yourself up with a 'playground' install of WP and Atahualpa. a place where you can mess around and not cause a problem. Put an install (with a new DB) in a subfolder, call he folder 'playground' or something
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:23 PM
tikijj

8 posts · Jul 2011
Thank you juggledad, your solution worked.

I agree with you about learning CSS properly. I've been putting it off for months now, because I have to spends so much time on the contents of my sites, but you are right I should learn it. So anyways, thank you.