Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Analytic Type Plug Ins/Issues/Questions

Old Oct 4, 2009, 06:18 PM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
What causes the different numbers in the different analytic programs?

I am running Google Adsense, Blog Stats, StatPress Reloaded, and just added SiteMeter. All are not supposed to count your own visits, but they are so far apart, was just wondering which is more reliable or more accurate?

Example from one day last week

Site Meter: 366
Google Analytics: 369
Stat Press Reloaded: 516
Blog Stats: 614

But Blog Stats is not consistently highest, heres from another day:

Site Meter: 225
Google Analytics: 220
Stat Press Reloaded: 436
Blog Stats: 356
Old Oct 4, 2009, 07:35 PM
Larry

37 posts · Sep 2009
Hi Jfrenaye,

From my experience with using various types of Stats, they are never the same. I also have found that worrying about which one is more accurate is frustrating and wasted my time in the past.

I now concentrate on using the stats as a baseline and having a goal of increasing those stats over time, not trying to get each one to match the other. For example, if you are averaging 300 visitors per day on one of the stats, work towards increasing that to 400 per day using the same stat counter as a guideline.

I hope that helps.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 05:59 PM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
No, I am not stressing on it and I typically use one or the other and will use the higher one to my advantage of course, but just curious as to why it happens and why they are all so far apart.