Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Sticky footer issues even after bug fixes

Old Oct 11, 2011, 06:42 AM
nickmoreton

14 posts · Apr 2011
Hey, I read in a solved thread that the bug fixes in 3.6.7 should fix sticky footer issues. I have applied all the bug fixes but still no luck in getting my footer to stick.

Any ideas?

Nick
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
works for me I just tested it.
What is the url?
Try disabling all your plugins to see if there is a conflict
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:08 AM
nickmoreton

14 posts · Apr 2011
http://dev.nmcweb.co.uk/african/blog/

I deactivated all of me plug ins but no luck. I currently have only widget logic running as otherwise you would get a torrent of header areas on that above link. Even with that off there is still a gap at the bottom.

Cheers
Nick
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you apply all the bug fix's?
Try this, go to ago->Configure CSS & JS->CSS: Compress? and set it to 'No'
I think the first patch didn't get applied completely (css.php) you could also install 3.7.1 and test it there.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:15 AM
nickmoreton

14 posts · Apr 2011
Yeah, I even applied bug fix 5 which wasn't relevant just in case.

Obviously I couldn't apply 2 as it has been replaced by 4

I hadn't set CSS compression to 'No', but I now have. Still no luck :/
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:52 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's sticking for me on Firefox and Windows
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:16 AM
nickmoreton

14 posts · Apr 2011
Ok

I've done a bit of playing around and checking against 3 browsers - Safari, Chrome and Firefox

If I deactivate the Slick contact form plug in then it works on Firefox, and Safari (but only after a refresh after first coming on to a page). In Chrome I still get around 50px of space at the bottom of the page.

Also, the right sidebar appears to be 'stuck' to the footer, even if there is only one widget in it, with only one word of content.

So there appears to be some sort of conflict issue with the slick contact form plug in, Chrome, and the need for a refresh on Safari and Firefox.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

How much data would I lose when updating to 3.7.1? This is a really complicated build (involving around 70 widgets) so losing any of that would be a killer!