Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Post headlines + page titles

Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:55 PM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
Two questions:

1. An unclosed tag started showing up in my post headlines and titles today.

http://patiastephens.com/wordpress/

See the numeral and end bracket at the end of each headline? I can't figure out where that's coming from. Any ideas?

2. Currently, my post headlines are in H2 on the main page, but turn into H1 on post pages. How can I make them remain in H2?

Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
that looks like the end of an </h2> - what change did you just recently make?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:30 AM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
It changes to "1>" on other pages. The only change I remember making is the one you helped me with here:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?p=34836

However, I undid those changes and that didn't help. I've checked and checked and was very careful to make sure I didn't change anything but what you told me. It may have happened earlier and I just can't remember what I did.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
download a fresh copy of the theme, then compare the code in the function 'bfa_post_headline' in bfa_post_parts.php to see what is different
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:34 AM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
I didn't know how to compare the files, so I just replaced the old one with the new one, and voila! Problem solved. I then changed H3 to H2 again (and inserted a non-breaking space) and it's still working. So, problem solved. Thank you!

However, can you still help me with my second question?

How can I make post headlines remain in H2 on post pages, instead of changing to H1?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 02:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
look at the Configure SEO bottom of page
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:45 PM
danihonorato

1 posts · Jun 2010
Dear,
I´m new here and I didn´t find nothing to help me with my problem. So I decied to write here and figured out who can really help me. I´m frustrated.
Well, I installed the last version of Wordpress 3.0 yesterday and after that, the Atahualpa just doesn´t save the posts titles/headlines. I´ve already installed a new and fresh new version of the theme, and reset all the option too, but nothing works. The title of new posts just not appears. Someone, please, can help me? I need too much fix this bug at my blog.
I love this theme and I can make my own layout with it. Thanks so much. Dani
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:10 PM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
>look at the Configure SEO bottom of page

Thank you!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 03:14 PM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
OK, wait. Doing that changed my page titles from H1 to H2. I want the page titles to be H1 and the post titles to be H2. Is this possible?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you change ato->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1? to 'NO' then the page title will remain an H1 and the post titles will be H2 on both single and multi post pages...unless you are useing an SEO plugin in which case it may be overriding this.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:20 PM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
OK ... I deactivated the All in One SEO Pack (which I only wanted so I could change the title tag), but now my single post headlines are H1 and my page titles are still H2. I want it to be the opposite -- post headlines H2 and page titles H1.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
and what do you have ato->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1? set to?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:55 AM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
It's set to "No."
Old Jun 21, 2010, 03:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
A 'Single Post' page and a 'Page' are treated teh same way. The page title (which is the 'post title' in the case of a single post page) can eithor be set to an H1 or an H2.

On a multi post page, the page title gets the H1 and each of the post titles is an H2

if you want a page title to always be H1 and on teh single post pages, the title to be H2, it will envolve more digging thru the code and checking to see if you are dealing with a post or a page (which in fact is just a special type of post)
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:55 PM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
OK, thanks. I'm just going to leave it. I really wish page titles and post titles could be different, but I'm tired of messing with it.