Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

JetPack Share butttons with Montezuma Theme

Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:10 PM
ckckjones

1 posts · Sep 2012
The JetPack Share buttons added to the bottom of posts, pages, etc. does not format correctly after applying the Montezuma theme. The icons (or text) from JetPack are overlaid with small arrows that really mess up the otherwise excellent look-and-feel of the Montezuma theme. (See attached .png screenshot)

I've made no changes or customizations to any CSS, either within Montezuma or using the default Wordpress functionality. Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot 9:29:12 9:08 PM.png
Views:	1587
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	2018  
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could hide them with CSS.

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:06 PM
unalpine

2 posts · Oct 2012
Can I get a bit more specific detail about where to change that CSS?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could put the CSS to change them in any of the CSS files
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:24 AM
unalpine

2 posts · Oct 2012
Thanks Juggledad. I can see you do a lot of posting here and answer a lot of questions...so when a newbie comes along, it's tough to get involved.

I am looking for a bit more specifics. I like the arrows appearing for bulleted lists - nice styling.
But I don't consider those link images to be a list, so it seems more of a bug to me.

So if someone has a bit more of a clue about the fix, that would be cool. I have a pretty big investment already in making this theme work but this issue is wacky.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:45 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Sometimes the specifics take a bit of time to determine and we don't always know who the newbies are so just give higher level instructions. In this case it's a matter of using a tool like Firebug to determine the CSS selectors and then craft some CSS to hide the arrows.

So I activated Jetpack and Montezuma on my test site and set up the sharing. Then went to a post and played with the CSS in Firebug to see that the following should hide the arrows.
HTML Code:
.sharedaddy i {
    display: none !important;
}
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:24 PM
dmkjr

19 posts · Mar 2013
Lmiles,
I registered to make an account just to tell you thanks for this. I was playing around with every CSS file in Motezuma to uncover where these buttons were pulling their CSS from. I added the above lines to jetpack > modules > sharedaddy > sharing.css

Worked like a charm.

Thanks again,
David