Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Description in categories and tags

Old Oct 2, 2012, 09:15 AM
Heka

6 posts · Oct 2012
I just switched to this theme and I am having a few problems switching.
I would like my tags and category descriptions to show up on these pages. How can I do that in an easy way?

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:10 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There is currently no easy way that I know of. Tag and category descriptions don't show with many themes and it would require editing the theme files to add the necessary PHP.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:42 AM
Heka

6 posts · Oct 2012
So can just make a new categoru.php file and add the code for description to that one? I like the way the categories look and would like to keep that. Is there a file I can use as a base to make my category? I ask because I can't find the category.php and according to wordpress there should be one.

And thanks for the quick reply
Old Oct 3, 2012, 09:13 AM
Heka

6 posts · Oct 2012
I fixed this myself by making a child theme and uploading a new category.php and tag.php where I added the description.

If someone want to look at the code or get the files let me know.