Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa 3.1.7 released - To Do for next version:

Old Dec 26, 2008, 02:35 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa 3.1.8 is available here http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=66

Changelog 3.1.7 -> 3.1.8:
  • DONE. May need another revision in the future. NextGen gallery thumbnails very small in Firefox 2, Safari and Chrome. (Doesn't happen in Firefox 3, Opera, IE 6, 7 and 8). Also http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...7&postcount=13 and overall, smaller floated images seem to be shrinked under certain circumstances in the aforementioned browsers, especially in Firefox 2, less so in Safari and Chrome.
  • DONE: Make "Save" button much bigger, and move "Reset Everything" button away from them or add confirmation step to avoid accidental resets
  • DONE: Add option to not show "You can use these tags" above comment form
  • DONE: Add "Edit" link to default post footer settings again.
  • DONE: Remove the small margin in Firefox, Safari, Opera between header search box and the line below it.
  • DONE: Make it clearer that the sidebar feature "Don't display on Categories:" means "on category pages" and not "on single post pages of that category".
  • DONE: Create new atahualpa.pot localization file, existing file throws errors (note: this affects translators but not the theme at this point)
  • DONE: Update README-languages.txt
  • DONE: Add German, Hungarian, Czech and Portuguese translations
  • DONE: Make "Submit Comment" button stylable, so it can be moved around by giving it margin.
  • POSTPONED. Requires integration of plugin into theme or own theme functions. Make plugin Tabbed Widgets work http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=83
  • DONE: Move dynamic CSS from external style.css.php back into header.php as inline CSS again, as it was in Atahualpa 2.x. Style.css.php would occasionally not load in IE6 (every 20th pageview or so). Also, Wordpress (as a company) didn't like the fact that I was accessing the WP database directly instead of going through WP functions. Cons of the new CSS technique: Adds 8-12 kbyte of code to every pageview (This can be fixed by manually pasting the CSS from header.php to style.css after all customization is done). CSS now spread over two locations instead of one (style.css.php): style.css and header.php. Harder to reference images in dynamic CSS, full path url(http://....images/image.gif) now required instead of url(images/image.gif). Pros: Wordpress likes it better, easier to maintain (less tricky code to find the WP database credentials), fully IE6 compatible, less likely to break in future WP versions.
  • DONE: Not possible to make the blog title bold if one has set links to 'normal' in the Body,Text & Links section (or vice versa)
  • DONE: New WP 2.7 Logout function wp_logout_url added. Old logout links, i.e. in the comments section, would display "You are attempting to log out of ...".
  • DONE: Update the BFA Recent Comments widget to work with the new comment URLs in WP 2.7
  • Also done: CommentLuv and Subscribe to comments above Submit button, styled CommentLuv inserts, toggle "XHTML: You can use these tags", bigger comment submit button, more space around comment textarea.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 04:56 PM
Flur

29 posts · Dec 2008
Can you also include padding under the "Submit Comment" button? It sits right on the border to the footer with no space in between.

I went to add this in the options, but I don't see any options to configure this area.

Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2008, 05:22 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Will do, thanks for the suggestion
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:14 PM
Thorvald

4 posts · Jan 2009
Can you also fix a minor bug (I think): It is not possible to make the blog title bold if one has set links to 'normal' in the Body,Text & Links section (or vice versa).

I would also like some more styling alternatives for comments (e.g. text and header styling).

With or without these fixes - Athualpa is a fantastic, versatile WordPress theme. The best I have ever seen!
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:54 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Thanks, I'll correct the bold blog title issue.

I plan to include more options / better styling for the comment area in upcoming versions but I won't be able to include that in version 3.1.8
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:17 PM
makmalimak

1 posts · Oct 2009
Thank you for your efforts..It is a perfect job. But where can I find Turkish language package?

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 4, 2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 07:00 PM
maryyang

2 posts · Nov 2009
Would you please tell me where i can find that language tools?
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:23 PM
coolavtar

1 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via ICQ to coolavtar
me too wants to know about language tools it would be great help if you reply to the post