Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Welcome Montezuma Users

Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Montezuma is the second theme (for wordpress.org) from BytesForAll

For a quick overview see http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/wor...mes/montezuma/

For a preview see http://test.bytesforall.com/

To download see http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/montezuma

This is the first release, it is expected to have some issues. The code base is completely different than Atahualpa. Features of Montezuma will be implemented in Atahualpa
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:57 PM
jakobsmith

32 posts · Feb 2010
Copenhagen
Wow, looks like another great theme. Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:28 PM
cantplay

14 posts · Aug 2012
I am sure this is a problem on my end, but I can't get the Montezuma options to load.

I installed it manually and when that didn't work I deleted the Montezuma theme folder and installed it automatically through WP 3.4.2 and that didn't work. I have switched back to all my other themes (ATA, silver orchid, etc.) and can access the specific theme options.

I cut out a correct part of my local address in the pic.

Thanks

Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
So you just cannot see the options page but the front end works?

Have you renamed the /montezuma/ folder? (You should be able to, but still...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantplay
I am sure this is a problem on my end, but I can't get the Montezuma options to load.

I installed it manually and when that didn't work I deleted the Montezuma theme folder and installed it automatically through WP 3.4.2 and that didn't work. I have switched back to all my other themes (ATA, silver orchid, etc.) and can access the specific theme options.

I cut out a correct part of my local address in the pic.

Thanks

Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:07 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
OK I see ... it doesn't work for me locally either. I made the last few rounds on a web server. This might be due to some Ajax issue. Some Javascript things just don't work locally, at least not if localhost is being used, instead of setting a fake local domain

It should work on a web server though (or locally, if a domain is being used).

I will look into the localhost issue
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:28 PM
cantplay

14 posts · Aug 2012
Yes no options, front end fine. I will look into a fake domain.
Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:50 PM
troyp

10 posts · Mar 2011
Flynn, I've been using Atahualpa for a while and am excited to try Montezuma out.

My dev environment is local using a virtual host. I'm seeing some issues (blank pages and missing thumbnails). Just curious if you made progress on the local issues?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can always use MAMP (mac) or WAMP and run it in there.

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 11, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
troyp

10 posts · Mar 2011
@juggledad, that's what I was doing. Still pages were loading as blank. If I did an "Inspect Element" the code was there and appeared to be "right". Still nothing was visible. I have no idea why it wasn't working.

Not sure what was not set up right. In the process of getting my test site up on my web host, the local version is now working. So both the hosted test site and my local development site is working.