Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Montezuma - showing off

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:38 AM
Michael4fm

38 posts · Nov 2011
Manchester, UK
Looks good well done.

Minor suggestion / feedback, if you're anal like me about "white space" in sidebars ...

You can create a "postformat" that includes a dynamic sidebar, then use a single widget in that sidebar that will output something 'randomised' ... e.g. an advert or an image. Then for every post that is listed, it'll be 'full width' with a different item to the right (or left, depending where you put the 'sidebar'). Here's an exampe, in case I've not explained well: http://misc.s-t-u-f-f.net/category/some/funny/

Downside is that you'd lose the first couple of non-random widgets you currently have in your sidebar. You could get around this by putting them as a header or a footer in 'category.php', 'archive.php', 'tag.php' etc. Not sure if that's too much trouble, not an issue for you, etc., but thought I'd share!