Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

WPMU search all blogs plugin

Old Jun 24, 2009, 04:20 PM
billc108

22 posts · Jun 2009
Hi folks,

I'm in the process of setting up WordPress Multiuser, and attempting to find a suitable plugin to search across all blogs & comments. I've found one that actually works... now I just need to shoehorn it into my Atahualpa theme.

The search results page is in the root at wp-search.php. The theme is not being applied.

If I put:

<?
define('WP_USE_THEMES', true);

/** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */
require('./wp-blog-header.php');
?>

ahead of the page contents, I get the Atahualpa stuff with "Not Found
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here." in the center column, with both sidebars working, and the search results are displayed below the footer.

Looking at the index page in /atahualpa3, I'm guessing that I need to alter the stuff under "Post Body Copy" to somehow identify that the page name is wp-search.php and then do an include.

Any tips on how to do that?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:56 AM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
Did you ever get an answer on this? I'm getting ready to start a site with WPMU and custom fields and a select query to be able for users to search across all blogs based on combinations of 5 fields that are designated on each - here's my post : http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5032

I was thinking regular WP and posts but it looks like WPMU and blogs (and posts) are a better fit.

What is the plugin you found? I'm wondering if that will help me..

Thanks
Thomas
Old Dec 28, 2009, 09:11 PM
billc108

22 posts · Jun 2009
Hi Thomas,

The plugin I had been looking at when I wrote that was called "Search All Blogs" plugin. As I recall it was specifically for WPMU installations, and I probably found it at http://wpmudev.org/plugins/

I never did get an answer to the above post. I ended up hacking a (hopefully temporary) fix using Google search. It works, but I'm not completely satisfied with it.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 04:21 AM
ecommerce1

1 posts · Aug 2010
Cool! thanks for posting. I never thought that its possible to have such a plugin. I asked a friend if there is something we can do about it. However, nothing seems to work. I hope to see a video tutorial too on how to install the plugin. thanks.

ecommerce, css , Cms & Blogs, webtemplates, HQ websites temp