Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

widget not being styled as a sidebar widget

Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:53 PM
gaidin

21 posts · May 2010
www.faith-house.org

I recently updated the login/logout plugin and now the widget for the plugin no longer appears inside of a widget frame even though it appears as a widget in the sidebar. How may I fix this? and in general how do I go about creating and applying css style for an item in a php file?

thanks in advance
Old Oct 27, 2010, 07:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
where did you get the 'login/logout plugin ' you are using?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 09:50 PM
gaidin

21 posts · May 2010
@STB

I have moved it around from one widget area to another and still the same.

Maybe I didn't phrase that correctly or i am using the wrong term but I know that in order to style an object via CSS you place tags(not sure if this is the correct term) around that object within the *.PHP file eg. #header then styling in that section of the stylesheet will be applied to that object. I just cant recall the exact procedure and syntax to do so and cant seem to phrase it right to get a good search hit.

@jugglehead

it's this one here.

I dont mind so much that its not within a widget frame if I can find an easy way to style it, ie. padding, and the image/avatar position.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 06:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Did you add anything to the widget settings?
wait, are you editing the plugin itself?

you are editing the plugin - you need t contact the plugins author as to the best way to do what you are trying to do. Editing a plugin is out of the range of this forum. This forum is for questions about the Atahualpa theme not hod to change the code in a plugin...sorry

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 31, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 09:15 PM
gaidin

21 posts · May 2010
what html codes would to place before and after a plugin to get it to display in a widget with widget styling?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 04:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you want to alter a plugin to work as a widget, I suggest you go read about widgets and plugins at wordpress.org, it is too big of a subject to address in this forum
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:49 PM
gaidin

21 posts · May 2010
@jugglehead

it is a widget already, Is added to the sidebar in the widget area.

the problem is, it is not having the widget style applied to it
Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That widget comes with it's own style sheet which is setting the style. Check the plugin to see if you can change it. It causes this to be added to the HTML of the page
HTML Code:
<link rel='stylesheet' id='login-with-ajax-css'  href='http://faith-house.org/wp-content/plugins/login-with-ajax/widget/widget.css?ver=3.0.1' type='text/css' media='all' />