Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Body box color questions

Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:44 PM
jtown

14 posts · Dec 2011
Colorado
I would like to make the body box to be a semi transparent color so the background can still be seen but the text will show up a little better then when there is know body box background at all
thanks Justin
oilfieldpaintservices.com
thanks
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I add a semitransparent 1px png as a background for those situations.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:53 PM
jtown

14 posts · Dec 2011
Colorado
where do I up load the image
or can i just a a color and an opacity to a background color
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You upload it to wherever you like and then use it as a background image. If you are just wanting to make the post background slightly transparent you might be able to use the following in the Post Container box in ATO>Style Posts & Pages. You just don't want to set the opacity too low as it affects both the background and the text.
HTML Code:
.post-bodycopy {
    opacity: .7;
}
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
jtown

14 posts · Dec 2011
Colorado
I can not seem to get code to work anywhere nor do i know how to make a semi transparent PNG
I do not want the entire post container to be transparent I just want the post box to be see through so i cna still see the container background but have the text pop a little better it is the white box on my home page that I am trying to work with
Thanks Justin

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 19, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The code I gave you would go in the CSS Inserts box in the theme options. You would use something like Photoshop to make a semi transparent png and then use the CSS for background in the Post Container box in the theme option to assign it.