Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Excerpts - Where is fix for 3.4.9?

Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:07 AM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
Excerpts - Where is fix for 3.4.9?

Hello, I've search and searched this forum but I'm not finding the correct answer. I see the Excerpts selection isn't working correctly, seems to be a common problem.

When I switch the settings to show excerpts only, then 4 below that for the amount of post to show in full before going to excerpts it doesn't work. It’s either all excerpts or all full post.

I have vs 3.4.9 and I’m not finding the fix anywhere. I've found a few threads that link back to solved thread but the vs for those do not included 3.4.9. Should I just try those anyway? Can you lead me into the correct direction.

I appreciate your time and help! Thank you

i don’t know if you need my site address or not so please forgive if you don't. livingthedomesticlife.com
using wordpress 3.0.1
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
which fix are you talking about? please point to the thread
Old Oct 20, 2010, 01:30 PM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
Here is the link I keep coming back to.

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7316

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 01:59 PM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
Thank you.

Where do I go to make this change. How do I access that file. Would it be through the domaine manager/hosting sites files?

Thank you
Old Oct 20, 2010, 06:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could also use the theme editor

Just to let you know, if I find a bug, I create a fix for the current release. This is to encourage people to upgrade. While I know some people want to stay at the release they are on, that's fine by me, but you shouldn't expect a fix for an older release.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:19 AM
AmysBlog

7 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks for the information. Is upgrading to the latest easy? Do I need to worry about lossing my content? Clearing I'm not very tech savvy but upgrading to the latest version would be ideal.

Again thank you for your help!