Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Howto show swedish character in blog title where sitename is with the o

Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:48 AM
ematser

11 posts · Dec 2009
Good day,

I created a small website for a rental property: www.hanen-ved-sjon.nl but the real name is: Hanen ved Sjn

How can i show the real name, but keep the sitename as it is now?
I want to enter the real name in the menu-bar as well.

Hope to hear sth.

Greetings edwin matser (The Netherlands)
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:07 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can use the html character code for

which is & #216 ; with no spaces after the & or before the ;

Here is a link to a bunch of html codes.

Last edited by lmilesw; Dec 12, 2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:33 AM
ematser

11 posts · Dec 2009
Thanks so much for this quick response. I have immediately updated it and it works perfect but one question remains though. Can i change the wordpress url in the general settings of wordpress with the same html-code also? I heard that You should never change sth. here?

I now have the menubar corrected and on top of the first page the name is okay; but my website name still shows the normal o.

Greetings Edwin
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I just tested it in the 'Blog Title' and it works - I can say if there will be any issues, but it does show up.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:09 PM
ematser

11 posts · Dec 2009
Thanks Juggledad,

do You mean: i CAN say there will be any issues or..
I CAN'T say there will be any issues.

I am no expert, so I do not dare to do anything of which I am not completely sure it will work.

I have read so many things (= big problems) related to changed URL's and the resulting errors that I do not plan to change anything if I am not completely sure that there WON'T be any problems.

So I will keep the URL just as it is, until maybe someone else can confirm that it can be done completely safe.

Greetz Edwin
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You don't want to change the URL. That has to be the actual URL to your site.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Can't - my fingers messed up - I DID NOT change the url, just the dashboard->settings->Site title
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:07 AM
ematser

11 posts · Dec 2009
Thanks Juggledad AND lmilesw for Your info.

I completely missed the top row where to set the site title in dashboard>settings.

Just changed that, and it works!
Thanks again for Your support!

Edwin