Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Can I zip my theme to use on another server?

Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:56 AM
jasontbedell

75 posts · Dec 2010
Can I zip my theme to use on another server?

Basically, is it possible to just make a zip file of my current theme and install it on another web server?
I am using 3.5.3 and WordPress 3.1.
I made a subdomain, also with 3.5.3 and some of the items are named differently in the css, so I tried upgrading to 3.6 and still having some issues. I'm trying to help my friend relaunch his website and I will need to migrate from the test site to his server and am trying to forsee any potential problems. Thank you for any help or insight.
Jason Bedell.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:24 AM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
In many cases you can transport just the atahualpa folder from wp-content/themes. Keep in mind that settings are not stored in this folder though. They are in the MySQL database. For settings, try the theme options export feature.

Wordpress Dashboard: Appearance: Atahualpa Theme Options: Export/Import Settings
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:26 AM
jasontbedell

75 posts · Dec 2010
That's what I had thought. Thank you for the help.