Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Force Full Content on Posts Page

Old May 19, 2010, 12:51 PM
joshsweiss

36 posts · Feb 2010
I always think that I'll never have another question. And somehow it just isn't true

Anyways, with Juggledad's help I figured out how to get a proper division between my custom home page and my Posts page. The only strange thing is that my "Posts Page" is showing excerpts, and not full content. I DO use Thumbnails for excerpts, but its functionality is turned off for EVERYTHING except the home page. Further, my categories are showing full content. So its JUST seems to be this Posts page.

How can I force it to display full content, or is it a bug from having Thumbs for Excerpts installed?

http://www.jweisscreative.com (juggledad has a login, if anyone else needs one let me know

Thanks for the info!

Josh
Old May 19, 2010, 04:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what do you have set at ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Posts or excerpts on HOME page?
Old May 19, 2010, 05:04 PM
joshsweiss

36 posts · Feb 2010
Unfortunately its excerpts. I need this for my home page design, which is why I wanted to move the posts off the home page.

Am I locked into one choice for both the home page and the posts page? Or any way to target just the posts page?

Thanks
Josh
Old May 19, 2010, 06:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
in wordpress lingo the 'home' page is the page that your posts show up on. The page that shows up when you type in your URL is the 'front' page (sometimes called the 'landing page') If your wordpress site has 'dashboard->settings->reading->Front page displays' set to 'Your latest posts' then the Front page and Home page are the same.

How did you design your 'Front' (or landing) page?
Old May 20, 2010, 02:01 AM
joshsweiss

36 posts · Feb 2010
My front page is a magazine-style page, with dynamic content gallery showing a slideshow of featured posts, and three custom loops below it, in columns, showing the most recent posts from three of my categories. Ideally, I want to learn how to throw recent posts below my three columns, but I'll handle that once I go live with phase one.

I designed the above with a custom php file which I now call, at your suggestion, from the reading options pane, rather than just calling it "home.php".

I'm really excited to have made this magazine theme out of atahualpa, and am now almost done. Getting my "blog" page to show full posts is just about my last step. I will write a blog post about creating the theme once I'm done.

Any suggestions on how to show the full posts?

Thanks for the input. I will have to donate again soon

Josh
Old Jun 3, 2010, 01:14 PM
joshsweiss

36 posts · Feb 2010
Juggledad - Any ideas on how to push this forward? Again, just need to get the "Posts Page" to show full content, not excerpts. Any suggestions appreciated, though I'm sure you're plenty busy with upgrade issues.

Thanks!