Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] removing sticky post from category page

Old Apr 17, 2009, 01:54 PM
creativeliza

12 posts · Apr 2009
How can I delete the sticky post from the category page? I have taken of the category check but it keeps checking again. Basically, the first lines of text here: http://designintense.com/ is the sticky post and that's the only place I want it to appear. But it currently also appears at the end here: http://designintense.com/?cat=1 and I don't want it to
Old Apr 17, 2009, 06:19 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
None of the posts on the category page has a "sticky" class. That last post just happens to be the last post on the category page, it's not there because it is sticky.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:51 AM
creativeliza

12 posts · Apr 2009
Basically what I want is to have one post on the home page to be sticky. I set it as such, the first lines of text here: http://designintense.com/ and for that post not to appear here: http://designintense.com/?cat=1 or anywhere else.

How do I do that?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 01:24 PM
creativeliza

12 posts · Apr 2009
I'm still unable to find an answer to this question. Is there a way I can surpress a post from appearing in the category page or not?
Old Apr 24, 2009, 02:41 PM
HavaLyon

14 posts · Apr 2009
Excuse if I'm missing something here, but if you don't want a post to show up in your category page, then simply go back and edit the post, and take that category off that post. You choose to categorize that post with that category - now just uncheck the box and uncategorize that post with that category.

Again, my apologies if I'm missing something.

Hava

PS When I try to go to your site, it gives me an error message. I just thought you might want to know.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:34 AM
creativeliza

12 posts · Apr 2009
I tried your suggestion but it does let me have the post without a category and if I add a new category for just that post, I get the category added to the menu which I do not want. Should be simpler than this I would think.

Please let me know if you are still getting an error on my page: http://designintense.com/?cat=1 -- there was a hacker problem and I think it got resolved but perhaps not.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:19 PM
Burn

32 posts · Nov 2009
Did you succeed in removing the sticky from your category?
I would like to use sticky posts on the home page only as "promotional boxe/space" when I get a special offer or event which needs special attention... but if I look in the archive of the sticky post's month... I can find the sticky post there.. I'd like to avoid this!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 08:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check out 'How to: Create a announcement box at the top of the center column of the landing page' (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3486) it might suit your needs
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:27 AM
Burn

32 posts · Nov 2009
Burn, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

si what I get with your link... I tried and make a search... but was only able to get this thread as result...

Last edited by Burn; Nov 10, 2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:48 AM
Burn

32 posts · Nov 2009
This is how I solved the problem for now... which means editors will need me for announcement but until I have a better solution... it works at least

at the BFORE THE LOOP
Code:
<?php if ( is_front_page() ) { ?>

<div class="announcement">The HTML, Javascript or PHP that you put here will be displayed before anything
else on the fornt page and nowhere else.</div>

<?php } ?>
in the CSS insert make a
Code:
div.announcement {
your css code here
}

Last edited by Burn; Nov 10, 2009 at 03:52 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sorry, that post is in the gold forum and you have to have donated to get access. I look at so many queries, I don't look to see who has donated or not. glad you have a fix.