Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Static Page Appears twice in menu bar if selected as home page

Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:19 PM
dorich

2 posts · Aug 2010
Static Page Appears twice in menu bar if selected as home page

Problem:
Just activated A3 on a new site.
Created a static page and designated it as "Home"
Result: New page appear twice in the menu bar, so the end result looks like
HOME ABOUT HOME

Switched back to the default theme and the menu bar looks like
HOME ABOUT

This seems to suggest that I need to tweak something in the A3 theme.

Can anyone point me to a reference on what to tweak and how.

Thanks
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:26 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
If you're using the most current versions of both Wordpress and Atahualpa, I would suggest you use the Wordperfect menu system. It works REALLY GREAT with the latest version.

If not, go to the Page Menu settings, and in "Home link in Page Menu Bar", remove the word Home from there and leave it blank.

Either way it should do it for you.

Warmly,

Velma
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:46 AM
dorich

2 posts · Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velma
If you're using the most current versions of both Wordpress and Atahualpa, I would suggest you use the Wordperfect menu system. It works REALLY GREAT with the latest version.

If not, go to the Page Menu settings, and in "Home link in Page Menu Bar", remove the word Home from there and leave it blank.

Either way it should do it for you.

Warmly,

Velma
Thanks Valma:

Just for other readers a few points:
1. It appears that Atahualpa 3 does not support the menu system,
Quote:
The current theme does not natively support menus, but you can use the “Custom Menu” widget to add any menus you create here to the theme’s sidebar.
, but perhaps I'm misinterpreting the wording.

2. I assume you meant "wordpress" menu system rather than "wordperfect" menu system?

3. Using the A3 Theme Options the instructions for setting the order of pages in the menu system appear to be inaccurate. I went to the "Pages" in the dashboard and used the "order" field to set the order of the pages. I couldn't find "manage" as referred to in the instructions on the Theme Options.

Again, thanks for the help, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa 3.5.3 supports the new WordPress menus
Old Sep 23, 2010, 01:27 PM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
Along the same lines (I think), I would like to do the following with my menu bar:

1. can I center the menu bar as opposed to having it be in the upper left corner?
2. my "Home" button shows my "Contact" page. In ATO -> Header Area -> Page Menu Bar -> Sorting order of Page Menu Bar, there's instruction that says "(Change the page order at Manage -> Pages -> Click on page title -> Page Order)"- but I cannot locate any of this. Where is it?
3. In the same section (Page Menu Bar), no matter what width I choose in "Width of Sub Menus", it doesn't change. Any clues why?

Thanks!!

BTW- changed header to create fading headers, and it works great!!! Thx.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 04:39 PM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
Found the answer to #2 above- it's in Dashboard > Pages > Pages. No longer called 'Manage' but instead Dashboard. Still have to figure out questions 1 & 2. Also looking for how to move the rotating header to the top of the page and menu immediately underneath it. That's Question 4!