Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Using Dynamic Headers plugin with Atahualpa

Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:38 PM
NetMonkey

23 posts · Oct 2011
Little Rock, AR
Unhappy [SOLVED] Using Dynamic Headers plugin with Atahualpa

Hello All,

I'm setting up the Dynamic Headers plugin, (after many other failed attempts to control a different image displayed per page) and "almost" have it working. It did correctly display the image I've chosen for each page, but doing the hack and inserting the php code into the right spot has proved to be very time consuming...

When I inserted it into header.php in the wrong spot, it moved all images displayed to the top of page, and I want them all centered between the first and second horizontal lines

This is the code I'm referring to:

<?php if(function_exists('show_media_header')){show_medi a_header();}?>

Can someone please help?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:15 PM
NetMonkey

23 posts · Oct 2011
Little Rock, AR
I figured it out, but. I need a quick tip where my problem lies now to center the images between both horizontal bars. See the pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	horizontal bars.jpg
Views:	1261
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1556  
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You would use CSS to center it but I can't tell you what without seeing the site.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:53 AM
NetMonkey

23 posts · Oct 2011
Little Rock, AR
Hello Larry,

Thanks for the reply. I can't point you to the site, as I'm developing locally using a Wamp dev environment. Let me tell you the steps I've taken, and where I'm at right now. I installed the Dynamic Header plugin, then inserted the code below:

in the header styling area where the "%image" would normally go. Then I created a custom Widget in the header area named Header_Images. Once I cycled things a few times it appeared. Then I grabbed standard a text widget and pasted the php code into it.

I think the step I'm missing, (as you pointed out) is to now create a few lines of css code that names my custom widget - Header_Images, and set the styling for it in the css inserts section, correct?

Or, could I wrap the php code that's in the text widget with some HTML code to tell it to center it between the two horizontal bars? If so, would I use <div> tags with align=?

After I put this issue to rest, my last two styling tasks are to insert some php code that will display the current date somewhere in the right top header section, would the php code below do it?

<?php echo date('l, jS, F Y'); ?> I want to display dates in this format- Sunday, October 16, 2011.

And then the last task is to display different content in the right sidebar for each page. Is there is reliable plugin for that which works with the most current version of WP and Atahualpa?

Your thoughts...

Barry
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
First a few things. If you are using Atahualpa 3.6.7 or 3.7.1 you can't put any php code other than for a new widget area in the box where %pages is. If you have
in that area you can take it out.

Also you can't use php in a standard text widget. You need to use a php aware widget such as this one. Your widget will have a class or id that you can determine with a tool like Firebug (an extension for Firefox). Then you use CSS to move it or remove the spacing.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:43 PM
NetMonkey

23 posts · Oct 2011
Little Rock, AR
Larry,

I followed your advise and installed a php aware widget, and popped the code into it. Then I looked at both the page source code and with Firebug. The Dynamic Headers widget is Javascript code and just appears between script tags. Is this its id, (AC_RunActiveContent.js)?

<script type='text/javascript'>AC_FL_RunContent = 0;</script><script type='text/javascript' src="http://localhost/testsite/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/dynamic-headers/AC_RunActiveContent.js"></script>

This is what I have in my Configure Header Area:

<p></p> %logo <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Date'); ?><p></p> %pages <p></p> %bar1 <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header_Images'); ?> %bar2

The multiple images display correctly, but I'm still stuck how to reduce the added white space from the bottom of all images to the second bar...

What if I popped this into HTML/CSS Inserts:

<!-- styles for AC_FL_RunContent -->

<style type='text/css'>
#AC_FL_RunContent {width:997px; height:170px;}
#AC_FL_RunContent {padding:2px;}
</style>
<!-- end styles for AC_FL_RunContent -->

Barry