Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Making part of the content invisible to Google?

Old Mar 5, 2012, 02:45 PM
Innocent

92 posts · Jan 2011
WP 3.4.2 Atahualpa 3.7.9
I have a situation where I would like to have the same text included in all pages.
Since the double content would harm my Google rank, I was wandering if there's a possibility to hide that part of content somehow?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 04:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not sure where some of these misconceptions get started but here is some info on duplicate content that should set your mind to rest. Bottom line is that if you are just building a site and not doing anything out of the ordinary you are probably OK with Google ranking.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 03:16 AM
Innocent

92 posts · Jan 2011
WP 3.4.2 Atahualpa 3.7.9
Thanks, the link is very informative, but I think I will just avoid having care instructions repeated on every page, since Google filters (fact) those who have 1/3 of content repeated.
Better safe than sorry.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 09:48 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Do you have a link to the info about Google filtering those who have 1/3 of content repeated? I would like to read more.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:52 PM
Innocent

92 posts · Jan 2011
WP 3.4.2 Atahualpa 3.7.9
I'm sorry that you had to wait for so long for answer, but I wasn't able to find the exact thread.

Here's my source:

http://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/busin...iscuss/8523243

Some say it's 1/3 that has to be unique, some say it's 2/3.