Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Add Twitter and Facebook Links

Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:58 AM
timnash

1 posts · Dec 2009
I'd like to add an icon and link to my Twitter page and to my Facebook group next to the Subscribe to Post icon and link in the header area. Can you tell me which files I need to edit to achieve this until it becomes a feature of the Atahualpa theme?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 04:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you want to add them in the header you need to look in bfa_header.config.php
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:02 PM
jumbopihu

6 posts · Dec 2009
I too wanted to do something similar.
However when I added simple <a> tag with img & link to twitter etc it showed me error on header file.

Do I have to add div id there?
Please help.
THanks
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:15 AM
cab262

90 posts · Dec 2009
I'm curious to know if there is an upgrade benign method for adding social media icons to the same general area that the search box, RSS, etc objects exist.

I can alter the raw php, but I'm looking for something that can be address by the interface directly, and hopefully more upgrade robust when moving between version of Ata.

thanks
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:07 PM
cab262

90 posts · Dec 2009
For what it is worth. The answer is posted in the gold forum section (donation required).

The post, "How to float a button over the header and have it change when hovering", in part describes how to position a Login button. I like this solution because it allows for a more easy future Ata upgrade path since it leverages adding content within the existing Ata interface and not altering directly the php files.
Old May 7, 2010, 06:51 PM
Zona

30 posts · Jan 2010
Would you please post a link to this thread. I'm not seeing this post and sounds like it might be helpful. I am also trying to put a twitter button in the line with POST and COMMENT buttons in logo area, over the header.

Thanks , Zona
Old May 8, 2010, 05:30 AM
Fux

142 posts · Apr 2009
I recommend adding custom widget areas to the the header and just put the icons there. That's what I did for heavyconnection.net and it works great.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:52 AM
Zona

30 posts · Jan 2010
Hi Fux: Thanks for the note. The custom widgets you created look awesome on your site. Did you use a plugin? Which one? Please tell me more. Zona
Old May 9, 2010, 01:56 AM
Fux

142 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Zona - I just created 3 or 4 custom widget areas in the header und put my stuff there via html. I created the icons myself to fit the overall style of the website. There's no plugin there, just plain html in standard text widgets. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:40 AM
gias

2 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Fux,

I am trying to follow your instructions. Maybe I need to google this more, but how to create the custom widgets in the header? Can you give a more detailed answer please?

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 02:46 AM
Fux

142 posts · Apr 2009
I keep getting PMs because of this. You can add custom widgets via the Atahualpa Theme itself, just use "Add new WIDGET AREAS".

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 14, 2010 at 05:06 AM.