Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

posts in columns issue - tried everything and need help!

Old May 10, 2010, 06:12 PM
kaspar.wimberley

24 posts · May 2010
Stuttgart
Dear all,
First of all congratulations on the most accessible and wide-ranging theme options I could find + a comprehensive forum. Streets ahead! Looking forward to getting everything the way we want it.

I'm having some issues trying to achieve two or three columns for posts (I eventually want the front page and category pages to show the most recent post covering the full center column width, followed by post excerpts in three columns, or alternatively a center column widget area, followed by post excerpts in three columns - but the details can wait for now I, first I just want to get a nice simple three column layout that I can still change easily from the theme options in wordpress).

I have followed all the instructions on the sticky: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1288, and tried out the other methods found in some of the links provided by posters. I get the columns, but the width of these columns does not stay within the center column but spills over the right-hand sidebar and beyond. How do I contain them and make them of equal width? It also seems to override the Atahualpa theme options - I can't seem to get excerpts anymore with the posts being shown in full regardless of my settings.

What shall I try first, and is it better to do all this in the theme options loop section, the css editor, or change the code in the index.php/home.php file?

Any help greatly appreciated,
Kaspar
Old May 11, 2010, 04:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do not double post - it will not help you get help faster.
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6606
Old May 11, 2010, 05:26 PM
kaspar.wimberley

24 posts · May 2010
Stuttgart
Sure. I thought it might be good to start a new thread as the other one had started to split into a number of slightly different questions. New to this forum, so please take it easy on me.
My similar post on the sticky also seems to have been deleted! Welcoming present?!
Shall I now stick with this request for help? Or re-post on the sticky thread that also relates to this issue?
Thanks,
Kaspar