Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Issue with menu animation in IE ?

Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:37 PM
jmc34

19 posts · Oct 2010
Hi there,
I am new to Wordpress and themes and I first want to say that I am hugely impressed with the general quality and level of customisation offered by the Atahualpa theme.

I am doing a website for my bike club (push bike) and I am giving a try to Wordpress (and Atahualpa). Once I got my head around the concepts (and with a fair bit of Googling), I was quite happy with the results...

But then, I got a bit disapointed when I opened the site with IE (instead of Firefox)... Yes, I know who would do that!!! Unfortunately, my biker friends are not all techies and Joe Blogg is even less techie...

I am using WP 3.0.1 and Atahualp 3.5.3.

Here is what I have in Firefox...

As you can see, everything is fine (especially in the "red zone" that I hace highlighted).

Then in IE, here is what I get...

As you can see, the menu border went a bit crazzy...
Then, there that extra pixel between the bottom of the menu and the bar at the bottom...

After a few moments trying various options (and pulling hair), I narrowed this down to the "NEW Animate Page Menu Bar" option in the menu section of the theme set up/customisation.

When I turn this option to no, IE starts behaving again...

This is obviously not a massive issue for me, but I thought I would raise it in case there is a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Jean-Michel
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The animation on the menu has indeed caused "issues" in some situations. Do you have all the menu related bug fixes installed. It looks like you probably have the sub-menu bug fix in but do you have the 353-01 fix installed?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:41 AM
jmc34

19 posts · Oct 2010
Hi Larry,
I must admit (shame on me ) that I am unsure what menu fix you are referring to.

Is it that one ?

I have not installed it as I was under the impression that it was required when NOT using the WP new menus... As far as I can say I am using teh new menus... To bge clear I defined a menu in WP, then assigned it as the "Menu 1" of the theme and it now remplace the %pages tag in the header...

Would you think I need this fix?

I have downloaded 3.5.3 from here, but wher can I get the 353-01 fix?

Many thanks for your help.

Jean-Michel.

Last edited by jmc34; Oct 19, 2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:55 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
A lot of this gets confusing and we are hoping to incorporate these fixes in a new version at some point.

The bug fix you mentioned is one that should be applied and here is a link to the 353-01 fix.

The new menu system changed some selectors so even if you are not using the Atahualpa menu the fixes should be in place.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:28 AM
jmc34

19 posts · Oct 2010
Hey Larry,
I finally found some time to try the fix and it worked perfectly.

Many thanks for your help.

As far as you know, is there anything else that must be installed on top of 3.5.3?

Thanks again.

Jean-Michel.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 01:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Just look through the New Versions and updating forum and the FAQ. Those have most all the "fixes" in them