Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

static page template - content above the loop

Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:36 AM
nano91

4 posts · Mar 2011
hello,
i can't find the page template for the atahualpa theme...
i'm trying to create a page with normal static content (editable as every page through the menu)
but add the latest posts after that content.
when I use the built-in fuction 'Content ABOVE the LOOP' it is shown on every page.
also i cannot use the if(is_home()) function because it is not the home page i want to do this change on.
actually there are some pages i want to show static content and then latest posts from a certain category.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well, you can create your page and then in the aboue the loop use 'is_page('42') - assuming 42 is the page ID. See http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags#A_PAGE_Page for other conditional tags you can use
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:16 AM
nano91

4 posts · Mar 2011
thanks for the reply
and what if i want to use it one different pages?
i would be adding a lot of code into this function.
is there another way? because i prefer using site templates

I would need the template for a static page to add the posts loop

Last edited by nano91; Mar 4, 2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sure you can code a page template. Copy index.php and use it as the basis of your template. There are a could template in the Gold Forum - Tutorials section.