Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Content above loop on homepage only

Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:54 AM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,
I am attempting to show some content above the loop on the homepage only, using the following code I got from this post

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ABOVE+the+LOOP

I have placed some content sandwiched by a condition, as follows:

<?php if( is_home() ) { ?>

some content

<?php } ?>

This works well in that it doesn't display the content on pages I create and on posts, but when I click on the "older entries" link at the bottom of the excerpts on the homepage, and it goes to (for example) . . . wordpress/?paged=2, the content is still displaying as it does on the homepage. Is there some way to prevent this and have only excerpts appear on pages linked to "older entries?"

Here is the site I'm developing: http://cognitive-behavior-therapy.com/wordpress/

I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.3.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Andrew

Last edited by hubbiida; Nov 27, 2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:03 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What happens if you use the following conditional instead?
HTML Code:
<?php if( is_front_page() ) { ?>
Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:37 PM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
Many thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that doesn't fix the problem.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 06:15 AM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
Hey STB,
Thanks so much! That did the trick.