Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Adjusting the div#wrapper to adjust body transparency (need text to show up 100%)

Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:48 PM
mrjak01

12 posts · May 2010
Help Adjusting the div#wrapper to adjust body transparency (need text to show up 100%)

Hello Juggledad and others,

I have been searching for awhile but I did not locate the answer to what I am trying to do.

First off, I am applying a bit of CSS to the div#wrapper so that the body can be made into an adjustable fade. The problem is that I haven't located the appropriate CSS that will make the TEXT elements 100% visible.

Here is the code that I inserted into the 'CSS Inserts' box.

Code:
div#wrapper {
       background-color:Black;
      -ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=50)";
       filter: alpha(opacity=50);
       opacity:.5;
   }
On a side note, IE8 i still showing the menu as 100% visible but in Firefox the menu is correct (other than the text issue).

So, is there a way to make the text show up at 100% ?

Thank you very much.

Jak

Site URL Jabtec
Using latest build of Atahualpa
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
, IE8 i still showing the menu as 100% visible
see http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_image_transparency.asp

remember CSS is CASCADING - what you apply to an element cascades to ALL it's children unless you have other CSS to reverse it.

In the case of opacity things can be funny and when you apply it to the wrapper I think it will apply to the whole page so be aware,. It may be easier to create an opaque background image