Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to use different header image for blog section of site

Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:52 AM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
How to use different header image for blog section of site

Hi

I use Atahualpa as the CMS for my personal website, which includes numerous static pages and a blog. I have a generic header for the static pages, but I'd like to use a different header for the blog (same size but with different text). Can anyone tell me how to this, please?

Thanks!
Kit
Old Apr 7, 2011, 02:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could use the Dynamic Headers plugin by Nicasio and replace %image with the code they give you. Then set the default header media to the image you currently have and set a special image for the Blog Page Header in the setting for the plugin.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 03:00 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. That sounds perfect. Just a quick follow-up if I may, please: What exactly do I need to do to make the replacement you mention? (Sorry, I'm new to this.) The plugin's instructions say to add the line <?php if(function_exists('show_media_header')){ show_media_header(); } ?> to the theme header.php file. Is that the line of code you mean? If so, where do I make the replacement, please?
Thanks again for your help.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Yes. That is the line of code I mean but instead of putting in the header.php file you just put in the Configure Header Area box in place of %image. You may have to use some CSS to make it fit properly but I have used this with success.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:40 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks! That worked for me too. However, the header opacity and resizing (fluid width) functions no longer work. Do you know if there is any way to keep those functions while using the dynamic headers plugin, please?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 03:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Once you remove the %image, you no longer run the code that handles the header opacity.

Last edited by lmilesw; Apr 12, 2011 at 07:19 PM.