Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Looking for a Theme

Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:17 AM
n4ows

3 posts · Sep 2011
Looking for a Theme

I'm looking for a very simple theme and am at a loss as to where to go. Here's what I want:

Background: Black
Very top: logo/name top left, navigation with possible drop downs on right
Middle 2 choices:
- single column - SimpleViewer, possible in iFrame
- two column
Simple on line footer

This is for a friend who will be traveling, needing to upload photographs, and blog.

On the photos on SimpleViewer, I want the user to be able to purchase prints, but I think I can handle that part. I just can't seem to find a WordPress theme that is as tight to the top and bottom as I want. I really would like for the user to not have to scroll any to see the photos. My programming skills are very rusty and I find that I am very overwhelmed at all the options available.

I am not adverse to paying for a theme that meets my needs.

Thanks,
Alisa
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:18 AM
n4ows

3 posts · Sep 2011
Also, I would love for the width to be fluid, but static width is okay if fluid not available. Tnx, Alisa
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Gee, why don't you try Atahualpa (after all this forum supports it)
Old Sep 5, 2011, 01:49 PM
n4ows

3 posts · Sep 2011
It isn't basic enough. My client wants very minimal at the top. Maybe I posted in the wrong place or on the completely wrong forum. I've looked at hundreds of wp themes, both free and not and can't find what I'm looking for. I may just have to build my own. I just didn't want to re-invent the wheel if there's one out there with the spokes in the right places.

Thanks,
Alisa
Old Sep 5, 2011, 07:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well this forum supports the Atahualpa theme. Maybe you should try continuing your search or create your own.