Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

New server for forum coming soon

Old Apr 5, 2009, 04:49 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The forum seems to get slower and slower by the day and times out. There's another very active forum on this server and this forum here is being searched a lot I think which puts a strain on this (tiny) server.

I plan to move everything to a much faster server within the next days, and also replace Apache with Nginx. Should be quite fast then.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:10 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The forum is on the new server now. This new server is much more powerful so we shouldn't see any more slowdowns and timeouts. Hopefully the new web host's network will be reliable, too.

The server location has also changed, from New York (OLD) to Los Angeles (NEW). This adds around 60ms for European visitors but the better hardware should outweigh that. For visitors from Asia it should be slightly faster now.