Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Changing repeated background image forces each page to reload background

Old Feb 14, 2009, 01:02 PM
doctorrobert

10 posts · Feb 2009
Hi there,
When I use the original file I had for the repeated background for my site http://www.worldsoftheindianocean.com the pages function fine. When I put in any new image, it forces each page to reload the background each time. Do you know what might be going on?
Thanks!
Robert
Old Feb 14, 2009, 01:57 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Is /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/handmade-henna4.gif the image that does not reload? What's the file name of the other image? I have no idea right now but maybe I can spot something if I see the error in action.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 06:57 PM
doctorrobert

10 posts · Feb 2009
Hi, Flynn,
I hope you got my donation? Thanks a lot for your awesome theme and your personal attention. Yes, that's the image I'm referring to. The one that seemed to load fine was called patternlighter.gif.
Thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2009, 07:00 PM
doctorrobert

10 posts · Feb 2009
Sorry, it actually seems fine now. I wonder if it has to do with my hosting server being in the States and me being in Berlin? After the few hours that I last wrote, it seems that the problem was fixed.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:07 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorrobert
Hi, Flynn,
I hope you got my donation? Thanks a lot for your awesome theme and your personal attention. Yes, that's the image I'm referring to. The one that seemed to load fine was called patternlighter.gif.
Thanks!
Glad to hear it fixed itself.

I have not received a donation today. And the last one was from the US. The paypal button is acting weird it seems, 2 users already told me that. I am looking into it again on Sunday.

My Paypal addy would be

l m m m u c AT g m a i l . c o m

That's a small L at the beginning,and the spaces should be removed. Maybe you can try that or wait until I've fixed the damn button. Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2009, 04:02 AM
doctorrobert

10 posts · Feb 2009
Oh dear! The Paypal button (and my donation) went to the user name here: [Company name]. Here's the link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...929eac28412d99

Last edited by Flynn; Feb 15, 2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Edited company info
Old Feb 15, 2009, 04:39 AM
doctorrobert

10 posts · Feb 2009
By the way, my paypal account is in the U.S. so maybe that was from me (my old email address has liquidelectric in it). And I looked more closely at your email address, so maybe [company name] is you after all?

Last edited by Flynn; Feb 15, 2009 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Edited company info
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:24 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Yes that's me but they aren't posting the donations to my account, I have looked back until Feb 12 and there's no donation posted from you and a donation from another user did not get posted either. I changed the button two days ago because other 2 users said it wasn't displaying for them. I also issued my first donation refund 2 days ago http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=345 . Maybe that's what's causing this. It wouldn't be unheard of for these pseudo banks to put accounts on hold for things like that. There is no message in my account though. I am looking into it and will call them on Monday. This is annoying, sorry for the mess

The problem is I cannot send a donation to myself to test where the error is happening. As far as I can go (up to the sign in form) all looks well. But I guess something is going over there at Paypal. I had my fair share of virtual bank troubles.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 06:36 AM
doctorrobert

10 posts · Feb 2009
No worries. Any ideas on my other post regarding the table formatting/possible culprit WP Super Cache?