Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

All Posts showing on main page. How can I get only certain post on main

Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:46 AM
NoLimit24_FJ

1 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,
I am trying to get only certain post to show on main/entry/home page. However, every post I add is showing on home page. How can I get only certain post to appear on home page and others to go to the right page.

Example:

I have a TRAILERS page, and only want the "trailers" post to appear on that page and not on main.

thanks so much!
Old Sep 22, 2009, 05:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Without digging into the code and making changes, you can't. From the Wordpress codex
Quote:
In WordPress, you can write either posts or pages. When you're writing a regular blog entry, you write a post. Posts automatically appear in reverse chronological order on your blog's home page
What you can do is assign posts to categories and then use a plugin like page2cat and display the categories on that page you wish to see. You can even make this page the landing page and have another page for another cateegory.

For example, you could set your landing page to only display posts in the category 'landing'. You could then have a page display the category 'trailers' and now any page you just want on the trailer page, assign to 'trailer' and make sure it is not in the 'landing' category. Anything you want on the home page would have teh category 'landing' checked off.