Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How to remove ONLY the time stamp from comments?

Old Oct 1, 2012, 05:11 PM
Meggie1801

4 posts · Oct 2012
I'd like to keep the linked date stamp, but remove the time from each comment on my blog posts. Is there a way to do that? Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:24 PM
Meggie1801

4 posts · Oct 2012
I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.5 and Wordpress 3.4.2.

URL: http://detoxinista.com

Currently, I've removed BOTH the time and date (using a CSS insert posted on another thread here), which unfortunately also removes comment links.

Ideally, I'd love to still have the date and link under each commenter, just not the time it was posted.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa returns comments using the WordPress function wp_list_comments(), so inorder to change the output you would need to find a plugin or edit the WordPress code itself.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:11 PM
Meggie1801

4 posts · Oct 2012
Thanks for the reply. I haven't had any luck finding a plug-in, and editing Wordpress code is a bit over my head. For now, I guess I'm stuck with showing neither the time nor date in the comments, which unfortunately means I also lose those cool comment links.