Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

ATA settings resetting themselves to default

Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:46 PM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
ATA settings resetting themselves to default

I posted earlier about the mystery of why one of the sites I manage constantly has it's Atahualpa Theme Options re-setting itself. I re-import the theme options and everything is fine, but really it's annoying. I know for sure the client isn't doing it, because she doesn't even login as an admin.

I have tried everything. I upgraded wordpress several times, and went to the latest theme version of 3.6.4. All plugins are up to date. Same host and configuration I have used for years, and I have used Atahualpa for years on several sites, with no intervention.

The only thing different is a plugin called Frontpage-Slideshow, so I have removed it and will see if that fixes the problem.

Just wondering if anyone thinks it could be a plugin conflict or?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 01:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It sounds more like a host issue.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:43 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
I just wanted to follow up on this. It keeps resetting itself to the default every couple of weeks. I actually removed a plugin I thought was causing the problem (just guessing since I use ATA and this host on other sites and have never had a problem).

I have upgraded to the latest version of WP and ATA 3.6.7.

Thought that fixed it, but bam, the site reset itself to the defaults AGAIN. So annoying. I keep re-importing my ATA settings.

The user can't be hitting the reset button by accident because they use the editor login.

I noticed another post about this http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...settings+reset

I use a variety of security plugins on this site and have not had an issue, nor any other signs of hacking.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Is any other data changing, like the posts?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:57 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
I can't quite nail it down to when it's happening. It could be happening when the client posts a new article but I am not sure. Again, she's using the editor login, so it's not because she is doing something wrong. Whenever I go in as an admin and do something, it does not reset itself.

Also I scanned it for malware and viruses and it came up clean.

Last edited by lucy; Jul 18, 2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you do a daily backup? if not I would start a daily backup (try the plugin wp-dbmanager) and then when it resets, you can compare the two database exports. It might tell you something.

I'd also grab the hosts access log, and error log for the past 24 hrs when it changes.

Have you contacted the host?