Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

highlighting Form Fields

Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:18 PM
--yeah--wow

In ATA / Style Forms I have set "Highlight Form Fields" to Yes. I noticed (used firebug) that "class= highlight" gets appended when a textarea has focus, but that this does not take place for single line input fields. So, highlighting only works for textareas, and not for single line input fields.

Is this a bug in Atahualpa? Or should I check the plugin FS Contact Form, which I use for this form?

I just checked: Submit Buttons: Hover Style and that doesn't seem to work either. Is this a different problem? And what is causing it?

Last edited by --yeah--wow; Mar 26, 2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: additional info
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
what is the URL of the page showing the issue?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:17 PM
--yeah--wow

Sorry, I forgot to insert that info.
WP 3.3.1.
Ata 3.7.3

Will send PM with URL.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
CSS has an order of precedent.
the CSS in an external style sheet is used unless there is an
internal style sheet and then it's styling is used unless there is an
inline style (part of the element)

The atahualpa builds it's forms using 'class's and styles them in the style sheet (eithor internal or external. And form styling works fine when using a form built by atahualpa.

The form you are using looks like it is built by contact form 7 and has inline styling which overrides the Atahualpa styling.

You will need to look at the documentation for contact-form-7 and see how to changing the styling for it.

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 27, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:06 AM
--yeah--wow

I am using Fast Secure Contact Forms. It seems that both Atahualpa & FSCF are adding CSS for single line input fields and textareas. They seem to interfere and give different results for single line input fields and text areas. Quite confusing. I''ll look into it and see if I can shed any light in this.

Thanks so far.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:05 AM
--yeah--wow

This is what I found out:
Atahualpa sets a Highlight class when an input field gets focus. This can be found in js.php at line 183.

In firebug I can see that it works for textareas, but not for single line input fields.

Could you shed some light on this?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The highlighting is done by a jscript code snippet.

For the HTML elements <textarea> or the HTML element <input> (which has a class of 'text', 'TextField', 'file', or 'password') the jscript will add a class of 'highlight' when you click in the field. This causes the highlighting to happen.

If the plugin you use can add those classes to the <inout> element, then the highlighting will work. Atahualpa can not control the classes or names or classes that plugins use.

Last edited by lmilesw; Mar 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM.