Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

WP 3.1 upgrade = blank page

Old Feb 25, 2011, 02:00 AM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
WP 3.1 upgrade = blank page

I just upgraded my ATA 3.64 site to WP 3.1 yesterday, and everything looked fine. But when I try to access the site today, all I see is a blank background gif.
Is this the 'Suhosin blank page' issue described in other threads, or is there something else going on?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yes it looks like you have the Suhosin issue. Did you have a php.ini in the wordpress root? It may have been wiped out by the upgrade.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 05:57 AM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
I've been too busy to have a play with this over the weekend, but I have just managed to get the site back up by taking the following steps:

1. Did a manual re-install of WP3.1
2. Deactivated all plugins by renaming the plugins folder to 'plugins.hold' via FTP access.
3. I could now log in to the admin panel. The WP install screen said that it had still to finish updating the database, but that is presumably because I'd just done the manual re-install?
4. Still the same blank screen with ATA 3.6.4. I rolled back the theme to 3.5.3, and everything is working again.
5. Reactivated plugins one by one, none of them caused any problems. It definitely seems to be theme-related.

I did contact my web host, and was told that the server doesn't have suhosin installed, and that as my site is in a sub-directory, there isn't a php.ini file that would affect me(?). I certainly don't have access to it anyway.

**edit** supplemental - Having gone back to ATA 3.5.3, If I try and preview the 3.64 theme in the admin panel, I get a preview of the blank screen!

So, I'm not much further on in solving the problem, but at least I've got things running again for the moment.

Last edited by Grum; Feb 28, 2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:10 PM
Knut Sparhell

34 posts · Jun 2010
Fredrikstad, Norway
Having PHP use a local php.ini file doesn't have to do with your blog being in a subdirectory or not. This is a global setting for your server, allowing or not allowing your own php.ini, affecting all subdirs below its location, as long as PHP actually searches for it in the location it is stored.

Two things could help resolving the problem:
  1. The php error log. Are your able to turn on error logging, and access the log file?
  2. An URL pointing to a file on your server containing <?php phpinfo(); ?>

There are other issues than Suhoshin that might cause WordPress/Atahualpa to stop executing. The error log will usually reveal this problem. If not, the output of the phpinfo() function in a info.php file might give some clues for experts. The memory limit or other security modules of PHP are suspects.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:15 AM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
Thanks for the suggestions, Knut.
This is a bit beyond my technical ability, and I don't have the time to fiddle with the site just now.
I'm going to leave it running ATA 3.5.3 for the moment until you boffin types come up with an easier solution to the problem.