Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Juggledad, could you please follow up on this?

Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:40 AM
cosmiclove

23 posts · Jul 2009
[SOLVED] Juggledad, could you please follow up on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglehead
You could delete the Atahualpa folder from teh themes folder, then reload it. You won't loose and styling it's all stored in teh wordpress database.
In your answer to another user (post right before this one yesterday), you said the above. Well, I ran into the same problem, and after deleting atahualpa theme, everything came back to normal, but I lost all the CSS styling I did on it before deletion. So my question is, where can I reload my settings from in WordPress database as you mentioned? I really appreciate your help on this. Thanks very much

Herman
Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
As long as you did not delete the wordpress database, the Atahualpa options should still be in the wp-options table.

When you deleted the Atahualpa folder from the 'themes' folder, if you went into your site, you should have seen the default theme. What you had done is removed the cod that process the Atahualpa options.

When you reload the Atahualpa folder in the 'themes' folder, and activate it, it should pick up all the existing theme options. This is why you can have two (or more) versions of the theme in different folders in the 'themes' folder and swap back and forth. (caveat -newer releases of the theme may introduct options that don't exist in the older versions and things will change - like 34 can have 4 sidebars where as earlier versions only had 2)

If you deleted your Wordpress database you will need to restore a backup because you will have lost ALL your data.

You can verify that your Atahualpa settings exist by going into phpMyAdmin, selecting your database and issuing this SQL statement
HTML Code:
SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata_'
make sure the prefix for the options table matches what you set in wp-config.php
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:15 AM
cosmiclove

23 posts · Jul 2009
Thank you sir,

it worked great!! I didn't delete the WP database in mySQL and everything runs just like before with all the previous styling. I had to reupload the own header images though, but it was easy. Thanks, thanks, thanks for your help,

Herman