Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa 3.4.1 Set Background Image - Clarification

Old Apr 15, 2010, 02:20 AM
DLSieving

3 posts · Apr 2010
Los Angeles
Send a message via MSN to DLSieving Send a message via Skype™ to DLSieving
None of the posts in the prior thread on this subject - now closed - identify the PHP or CSS file that controls the atahualpa theme's main body background image. I need to know this in order to work around a bug that's blocking write access to the Body, Text & Links configuration page. I can easily edit the file and have tried editing and uploading several likely candidates, so far without success. Chances are I've already found the correct file but haven't yet hit upon just the correct place in the path name at which to pick up where the variable containing the root of the path leaves off.

The files I've tried include the following under wp-content/themes/atahualpa:
  • css.php
  • functions/bfa_ata_admin.php
  • functions/bfa_theme_options.php

So my questions are simply:
  1. Which file should I edit?
  2. At what point should I pick up after, e.g. $css_img_path?
  3. At what point should I pick up after, e.g. $bfa_ata['template_directory']?

Thanks in advance for clarifying this, and sorry to have to dredge up an old question.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 07:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the main body image/styling is set at ato->Body, Text & Links->Body Style

If you can not edit that option, then you have an environmental issue.
1) check what version of php you are running.
2) can you edit any of the themes options?
3) What version of Atahualpa are you running (you post 2.9.1 in teh title but that is a WordPress version - not and Atahualpa version)
Old Apr 16, 2010, 01:10 AM
DLSieving

3 posts · Apr 2010
Los Angeles
Please excuse the error in the thread name. The correct theme version is Atahualpa 3.4.1.

PHP 5.3.1 (cli) (built: Feb 11 2010 02:32:22)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies

Yes, I can edit most any theme option but not the background image path name. I've already tried repairing permissions throughout the blog. If I knew what file the ato->Body, Text & Links->Body Style dialog modifies I could surgically open write permissions on that file.

Not to mention, if I knew what file the ato->Body, Text & Links->Body Style dialog modifies I could just make the change there and upload it to the blog, overwriting the existing version of that file. But I would also need to know where in the full pathname to the background image the underlying script's prefix variable leaves off and thus where to pick up on the full path name in setting it to the correct location.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 01:37 AM
DLSieving

3 posts · Apr 2010
Los Angeles
[SOLVED] JuggleDad - thanks for listening. I took another look at the prior threads on this subject and it dawned on me that I'd been confusing the example paths shown at the top of the ato->Body, Text & Links->Body Style dialog with editable fields. This is easy to do because they are shown in font-high white background boxes that make them look just like something you're supposed to type over with your own settings. This distraction diverted my attention entirely from the wide open editable text box below the examples, which at first glance seems unrelated.

I think if the theme author were to simply not make the examples look like text entry boxes it would save a lot of users a lot of time. Then again for the price it's hard to justify such a nit but it was indeed quite confusing, at least to me.

At some point in my investigation I must have found the underlying script that displays those examples because they now show the customized path I had not previously been able to set as the new and no longer generic example. I'm long past that, however, and won't try to go back and figure out how I did that.

Thanks for your help!