Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Comments not diplaying - Tried both fixes in forums

Old Mar 4, 2012, 08:28 AM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
Comments not diplaying - Tried both fixes in forums

Underneath my posts (on the "Posts" page) there is an indicator of how many comments there are but i would like the actual comments to display.

I have tried adding <?php $withcomments = 1; ?> to the top section of "The Loop" and also have removed <p>Comments are closed.</p> from the "Comments are closed text" option. This is not a caching issue.

My sites mostly aren't designed for comments but this one is so this is new territory for me - any suggestions?

Thanks
Thomas
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the site and a url pointing to a page where you are having the issue
Old Mar 4, 2012, 01:47 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
http://papayaseeds.net - Home page
Old Mar 4, 2012, 02:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Comments display on the 'single post' pages not the blog page - which is what your home page is. If you display one of the posts you WILL see al teh comments.

Now do you want to display the comments on the 'blog' page? This can cause a performance hit on the site if there are lots of comments. However if you want to do it, do a search ther the forums. I seem to remember Flynn (the theme author) giving instructions how to do it. If you can find the thread and it needs updating I can take a look at it.

You could also do a google search and see if you can find a plugin to do this.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:12 PM
cway

154 posts · Jul 2009
I've been searching the forums and I can't find out how I get the comments to show instead of the link. e.g. One Comment.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
not sure I understand. Where are you talking about? on a single post page, multi post page? did you look thru the 'Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS' options?