Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

preset bfa custom fields (bfa_ata_option meta fields)

Old Apr 3, 2010, 09:38 AM
Douglas

15 posts · Apr 2010
I don't really understand those 8-10 preset custom fields. How are they intended to be used? Are they part of the SEO functions? Are they still relevant and useful if I'm using All-in-One SEO plugin? I haven't been able to locate any discussion of explanation of these things.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 02:31 PM
suzbwise

5 posts · Aug 2010
New England
Hello! I'm sad to see that no one has responded to your post yet. I would like to find these custom fields - mine seem to be missing!

My brother, however, has the same version of Atahualpa (3.4.9) as I do, and his fields show up:

bfa_ata_meta_description
bfa_ata_body_title
bfa_ata_body_title_multi
bfa_ata_meta_description
bfa_ata_meta_keywords
bfa_ata_meta_title

I want to populate some these (ie give a value to the meta fields) on each of my "page" pages. For example, when I made a site with Dreamweaver, we included "title" (it's a meta tag that needs to be in the <head> tag), the "description" and the "keywords". These are part of SEO. I know other people are much more sophisticated, but for the plugins I've seen for meta data or SEO, I might as well just use what's present in Atahualpa.

As I mentioned, though, my "default" custom fields are missing - so that's MY question - how to get them to show up!

Hope this helps -

- Suzanne.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 04:36 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
I also would like more information on the purpose of these. I'm using "All In One SEO" and and I'm extremely careful about everything SEO. I'm assuming that if these aren't used and the AIO SEO plugin is active, that they are ignored? I saw Juggledad's post here http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...=custom+fields on how to add a hash before the entries in functions.php to disable them - is that necessary? For background info, I just upgraded my entire site to the latest WP and also ATA 3.53 yesterday. Thanks!