Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Contact Form styling problems - color stays white in input fields!

Old Oct 25, 2010, 04:59 PM
zak

5 posts · Oct 2010
Hello all, I hope this is not a dumb post, but I can't for the life of me find the code for changing the color of the input boxes on my Clean Contact plugin. I am using Atahualpa 3.5.3. Obviously one thing is overriding another. If there is a better contact box, one that is fairly simple to set up and allows for custom styling of all the colors, I am open to switching. Really, I would love for someone to help me figure out the solution. Here is the contact page as is: http://deonduncan.com/contact/

Thanks for the help!

Zak
Old Oct 25, 2010, 05:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use Firefox and firebug and you can examine the css used to set the color and add properties in other places to make changes. If you look at the source of the page, you should be able to pick out the class or ID needed in a CSS Selector to set the color to what you want.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:32 AM
zak

5 posts · Oct 2010
Wow, Juggledad, I really appreciate your confidence in my technical skills, however unfounded. I suppose I should have started off with a disclaimer of my inexperience with CSS and PHP. Could you walk me through it a little? I would really appreciate it!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well if you want to start changing items that are not part of the theme, you are going to have to learn some CSS. I would go over to http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp and walk thru the tutorial so you can speak the language and start making the changes you want.

This is especially true when you are talking about something that is not part of the theme - in this case a plugin. Another place to check is with the plug-in's author
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:53 PM
zak

5 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks. I have been flooding my brain with the terms and rules of CSS, and it's slowly sticking in there. I have looked at every file and color code I can possibly think of to try and fix this problem. I now have the email "message" input box styled right, but for the life of me cannot find where to control the styling of the "name" "email" and "subject" boxes. A donation is at stake here

Zak
Old Oct 26, 2010, 02:46 PM
zak

5 posts · Oct 2010
*Update*

I switched themes and had the colors work right, so I am pretty sure there is an override somewhere in Atahualpa. Where are those dang fields?

Zak
Old Oct 27, 2010, 05:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well it looks like you changed your contact form from the Clean Contact plugin - what are you using now?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:26 PM
zak

5 posts · Oct 2010
Contact Form 7 seemed to do the trick. There must have been a file somewhere that I couldn't override...

Zak