Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

How to change the logo icon

Old Sep 11, 2009, 02:04 PM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
Hello

Sorry I'm really struggling to work out how to change the logo icon in the header.

I've downloaded the new icon to

wp_admin/images
wp-content/themes/images
media

and none seem to work. each time I think I've downloaded it I just get the name of the website http://reflexologyinbrighton.com/

Appreciate your help, feel like it's an obvious mistake but can't figure it out!!!
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it goes in wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images - you should see 'logo.gif' and 'huge-logo.gif' in that folder
Old Sep 13, 2009, 02:41 AM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
I'm afraid that hasn't worked, any other ideas?

does the file need to be a certain size?

thanks
Old Sep 13, 2009, 04:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you also put the name of your logo at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Style & edit HEADER AREA ?

if you did, change that value to 'huge-logo.gif' and see if that picks up the big logo

your logo says it should be at 'http://reflexologyinbrighton.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/footlogo4E.jpg' but that gives a not found, so that image is not in that folder. Remember, the spelling and case must be exact
Old Sep 13, 2009, 07:46 AM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
great that's solved the problem, I hadn't used the exact name! I now have a new problem though which is that I can't match up the background colour in the header with the background colour of the logo. Does A use pantone references as numbers?

thanks
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
remember you have to worry about what the viewer is using. If you set it up with a million colors and I just use 16, it won't look right. You can use a color picker program to match - do a google search on web safe colors