Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Bar Colour, more buttons

Old Jul 31, 2010, 06:04 PM
Adirana

2 posts · Jul 2010
San Francisco
Send a message via ICQ to Adirana
Hello!!!

Fantastic theme so far.

I am very new in this theme (and Worldpress thing) so have a few questiond:

how can i color in the 2 bars on the top? wher the "menue" and "categories" are.
also: how can i get more "buttons" then the "home" one?

So far i am tesing here: www.geosocialmedia.de

Cheers
Adirana
Old Jul 31, 2010, 06:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The colors for that particular styling of the theme are part CSS and part background image. That will probably not mean much to you at this time and based on the fact that you asked how to put more buttons other than Home it looks like you are REAL new to this.

In order to be able to help you effectively it will be necessary for you to get a lot more familiar with WordPress and CSS. For WordPress information you can go to WordPress.org or seek out tutorials from various sites. For information and tutorials on CSS you can go to w3schools.com

For the Atahualpa theme the best way to learn it and WordPress in the process is to install a test site and start playing with the settings. Being a test site it won't matter if you "break" it. The settings in Atahualpa have lots of CSS information and tips.

By the way buttons are added when you add new pages or if you are using WP 3 you create them with the menu maker.

I hope you will stick with this because once things start making sense you will have lots of fun.