Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

2nd level sub menu cut off at edge of main container

Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:19 AM
rickpoet

80 posts · Jan 2010
2nd level sub menu cut off at edge of main container

Hi,

On this site: http://poetrysuperhighway.com/psh/

Under the main menu item "Special Projects" and then it's sub menu "A poetry writing prompt-a-day" - the sub menu that pops up under that gets cut off at the edge of the main container.

Is there a way to have that second level sub menu be visible without repositioning it instead of cut off? (There's another menu at that level under Poetry / Past Poet's Archive which shows correctly to the right of it's higher level menu so I don't want to adjust all second level sub-menus to appear to the left to fix the one under "Special Projects"...just want it to appear on top instead of getting cut off.

Thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 04:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You might want to try one of the WordPress many plug-ins like this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/megamenu/
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could also try the following CSS.

#container {
overflow: visible !important;
}
Old Nov 1, 2017, 02:57 PM
rickpoet

80 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks! Well that worked, but it also made an extra translucent white area appear to the right of the container...not sure where that's coming from. Is there a way to have the visible overflow just apply to the menu and not the container background color? (or I'm not sure if there's another way to tell the background color itself to not be so wide [I mean tell it through code or settings, I won't actually be speaking to it.])
Old Nov 1, 2017, 03:02 PM
rickpoet

80 posts · Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpoet
Thanks! Well that worked, but it also made an extra translucent white area appear to the right of the container...not sure where that's coming from. Is there a way to have the visible overflow just apply to the menu and not the container background color? (or I'm not sure if there's another way to tell the background color itself to not be so wide [I mean tell it through code or settings, I won't actually be speaking to it.])
OK figured this one out...the transparency with was set separately in CSS and I didn't notice it was wider than the container until I added the overflow visible code.

All good here and thank you!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 08:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Just to point out, if you make the screen smaller, the sub menu displays off the screen. not what you want me thinks....
Old Nov 1, 2017, 02:59 PM
rickpoet

80 posts · Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
You might want to try one of the WordPress many plug-ins like this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/megamenu/
Thanks JD...would prefer not to add another plugin, and not sure if this would have a setting that would fix the overflow issue?