Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Use this theme to create a website, not a blog

Old Mar 4, 2012, 04:07 PM
ScalableSite

81 posts · Feb 2012
Can I use this theme to create a website? If I don't use WP, can I still use their plug in functionality? I like your theme and I am planning to create a website.

Thanks,
ScalableSite
Old Mar 4, 2012, 04:38 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Absolutely.
I was using Atahualpa for small business websites for years. Most with no blog at all.
Very simply, you create pages as normal, and just turn off the "blog" items like Recent Posts, Categories etc, so they are not visible. They wont be used by the owner, everyone sees website pages, no posts = no blog.

I now use Themeframe, but just the same way, you can make either use blog features or not if you just want a web pages website.

Last edited by Jam; Mar 5, 2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:01 AM
ScalableSite

81 posts · Feb 2012
I've never thought of that. It was such a good idea. How's the theme frame? Will it be as easily to build as ATA theme 3.??? I like it's flexibility and easy to work with. I would like to rebuild my business website using ATA.
Thanks for your suggestion!

ScalableSite
Old Mar 5, 2012, 01:38 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Themeframe is brilliant. It can take a little while to install/get running and get your head around, but once you have that first site FTP'd, you soon realise you can pump out any number of themes at your leisure.
If you are familiar with FTPing and prepared for a pretty steep learning curve, go for Themeframe. Otherwise Atahualpa and its available options would be the way to go.