Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to show a grid with a video (or a thumbnail) of latest post of each category.

Old Mar 1, 2010, 02:11 AM
iPagemaster

2 posts · Mar 2010
Hi to everybody.

First, sorry for my waste english.

I have a big question, and i tried tolooking for the aswer in the forum, but i didn't found anything.

I want to display a grid (with four or five columns) where I show the latest post o each category.
'Cause every post starts with a video, I need the small video in the grid, or alternatively if isn't impossible to show video, a thumbnail with a link to the post...

I need the grid in the central column, below the loop.

I use ATA 3.4.5

Someone can help me???
Old Mar 8, 2010, 01:54 AM
iPagemaster

2 posts · Mar 2010
No one can help me?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:51 PM
Rashell

67 posts · May 2009
The easiest non-techie way I can think of is adding a new widget area to the center column with 4-5 columns, then grabbing a plugin like Advanced Recent Posts or Query Posts and setting up multiple instances of the widget each time for a different category. Not sure if that'd put a major drain on your site though. And it'd take a while to do...

You'll probably have to create a new .php template to create a multicolumn series of custom "loop"s. There are a couple of articles at wordpress.org on setting up custom loops.

Where do you plan on placing the grid?

Rashell
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:00 PM
Rashell

67 posts · May 2009
By the way if someone with a greater understanding of WP or actual coding skills wants to chime in go for it. The above idea was just a random thought that popped in my head. So it might just be the dumbest idea ever. Feel free to say so...