Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to add latest post in one category to a static front page

Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:21 PM
alonkka

1 posts · Feb 2010
Hi,

I've been searching for this answer with no luck. I have a static front page and a secondary blog page. I want to display the latest post from a category on my blog page at the top of the loop of the static home page with additional page content below. I basically want to write a post with a tag and then have that post show up on the regular blog page as well as on the static front page above the normal page content. Any help or referrals would be appreciated. I've been confused by Atahualpa because as far as I can tell it struggles with multiple page templates. Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 07:52 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
I use the List Category Posts plugin. The default is just to show the title of the post, but it will also let you show the excerpt and other info.

It's pretty easy!

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...s/other_notes/