Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to: Remove link from blog title & add a thin solid black line below the page menu

Old Jul 1, 2010, 01:01 AM
SavingHumanity

6 posts · Feb 2010
NYC
Send a message via Skype™ to SavingHumanity
How to: Remove link from blog title & add a thin solid black line below the page menu

I'm using 3.4.9 with Wordpress 3.0

1) I'd like to know how to remove the link from my Wordpress Blog Title, I've made the changes via the front-end Atahualpa Theme Options, but it didn't work so I'd like to know what edits to the baseline theme coding I should make.

Note, I'd like the blog title to be plain black text.

2) How can I add a thin black line that runs the entire width of the screen and separates the Page Menu bar from the blog title.

Bonus - if anyone knows how to horizontally distribute the page menu evenly across the width of the screen then that'd be great :-)

Thanks so much. I'm a Gold member, but still love Atahualpa and plan to keep using it!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Bonus - if anyone knows how to horizontally distribute the page menu evenly across the width of the screen then that'd be great :-)
did you try %page-center - it won't evenly distribuite it, but will center it and if you arn't going to add more pages, you could add some left and right padding.

Quote:
1) I'd like to know how to remove the link from my Wordpress Blog Title, I've made the changes via the front-end Atahualpa Theme Options, but it didn't work so I'd like to know what edits to the baseline theme coding I should make.
the blog title in the logo area or the blog title when used overlaying the header image?

Quote:
2) How can I add a thin black line that runs the entire width of the screen and separates the Page Menu bar from the blog title.
Ues %bar1 or %bar2 and use 'border-bottom: solid 1px #000;' in it's styling
Old Jul 1, 2010, 09:47 AM
SavingHumanity

6 posts · Feb 2010
NYC
thanks!

The blog title in the logo area

My Website is http://www.DavidJaffee.com for reference.

Thanks for the input, let me know your thoughts when you have a second!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
edit bfa_header_config.php and find lines 177-189 (versuion 3.4.9 -> 3.5.1) which should be
HTML Code:
			if ( $bfa_ata['blog_title_show'] == "Yes" ) {
				echo '<h' . $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . ' class="blogtitle"><a href="'; 
				bloginfo('url'); echo '/">'; bloginfo('name'); echo '</a></h' . $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . '>'; 
			}
and change them to
HTML Code:
			if ( $bfa_ata['blog_title_show'] == "Yes" ) {
				echo '<h' . $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . ' class="blogtitle">'; bloginfo('name'); echo '</h' . $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . '>'; 
			}
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:01 PM
SavingHumanity

6 posts · Feb 2010
NYC
hey. thanks so much. i made the necessary changes and like it much better :-) Http://www.davidjaffee.com

The only remaining item is to add more horizontal space between the page menu items. I tried adding "Padding 5px" in the "Border around all menu items" in the Theme Options, but it didn't work.

Please let me know what code to enter so that i can increase the horizontal space between the page menu items.

thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 03:30 PM
SavingHumanity

6 posts · Feb 2010
NYC
anyone have thoughts on this? thank you