Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Replace php or Use Header image to edit for slideshow

Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:25 PM
Phocusmag

25 posts · Jul 2010
I have placed the slideshow in the Header or what I thought was the header...anyway to fix this?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
URL? versions?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 02:53 AM
Phocusmag

25 posts · Jul 2010
www.phocusmag.com wp3.0 Atahualpa 3.4.9

Last edited by Phocusmag; Jul 24, 2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Put the Meteor Slides code in place of %images in ATO>Style & edit HEADER AREA>Configure Header Area if you want the slideshow where the header image is. You may want to change the width of of your layout (ATO>Style & configure LAYOUT) as well as it appears the slideshow is only 610px wide.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:24 AM
Phocusmag

25 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks alot you have given me hope sir...is there a away to switch to the three columns format and keep the same parameters..As well is there a way to put an image beside the slide show...would I Insert code right next to the slide show code in ATO>Style & edit HEADER AREA>Configure Header Area

Last edited by Phocusmag; Jul 24, 2010 at 04:37 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:45 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Some of what you are looking to do is through "New Widget Areas" (See ATO>Add New WIDGET AREAS). For instance you could create a two celled widget area in place of %image. Then you could put a widget for the slideshow in the logo in the other. To put the slide show in a widget will require using a widget that allows php code or you will have to install one of the sidebar shortcode widgets to allow you to put the shortcode for the Meteor Slideshow in a widget.

Addendum: I just saw that the Meteor Slideshow has its own widget so you could just put that in one of the widget areas.

Last edited by lmilesw; Jul 24, 2010 at 04:46 AM. Reason: New Info
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:41 PM
Phocusmag

25 posts · Jul 2010
This is the current code that is in my "Configure Header Area" The header disappeared ...I followed the instructions from the examples on the "new widget are" and the example code looked like its exactly what I wanted so I modified it. Is this correct? and if so after I do this were do i re-insert the meteor slideshow and add the youtube video .? I think If I can understand this process the rest of the site should be a breeze
%logo %pages <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header&cells=2&align=1&align _2=3&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
Old Jul 27, 2010, 04:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Once you insert the code for a new widget area, you vidit the page to activate it then you go to dashboard->appearances->widgets and you will see your new widget area. Now you can drag the widgets you want to use into the widget area and check them out when viewing a page.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:11 PM
Phocusmag

25 posts · Jul 2010
Is this code correct because I don't see my new widget areas

%logo %pages <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header Cells a&cells=2&align=1&align_2=3&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
that exact code works for me
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Phocusmag... After you added the code did you go to the site and refresh the page? Do you have a caching plugin installed?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 01:32 PM
Phocusmag

25 posts · Jul 2010
Cool it worked...whats the draw backs from having nothing but widgets running on your site...for everything...I just need to learn how to install stuff in the widgets and I think that im going to be rocking...or is this just the beginning ? (insert evil laugh)
Old Jul 27, 2010, 01:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The more plugins/widgets you use, the more code is run and the slower your site will be
Old Jul 27, 2010, 01:47 PM
Phocusmag

25 posts · Jul 2010
darn..so whast the remedy...dont tell me hours on end sweating over a code book and crying tantrums of utter defeat?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 05:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Im just telling you the possible problems. The remedy, get a really fast dedicated server or don't attract many users