Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Double color in post titles.

Old May 23, 2016, 01:24 AM
pietrafesa

2 posts · May 2016
Double color in post titles.

Good morning! I'm new here. Thank you in advance for support you may give me. Excuse my not perfect written English.
Probably after a plugin installation/disintallation, the color of post title changed from all black to "half blue and half black" and stars appears over menu item.
I have already fixed stars, removing these, thanks to a previous thread on this forum.
But I'm already fighting with double color. When I go with mouse on post title, the first half part (black) changes to blue, so that all title is blue. (I attached a picture to show you the problem).
Where I have to change something?
Thank you very much indeed.
Roberto.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura.JPG
Views:	1954
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	2748  
Old May 23, 2016, 01:49 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Hi, Roberto:

The star icons in the menu and the half-colored post titles are the default behavior when you first install Montezuma.

You didn't say if you wanted the post titles to be all blue or all black. If you want the post titles to be all blue, then go to Appearance > Montezuma Options > CSS Files > posts.css and look for this rule:
Code:
.hentry h2 a .firstpart,
.hentry h1 .firstpart  { 
	color: 				#000000; 
	text-decoration: 		none; 
}
Change the color value to #0090d3.

If you want the titles to be all black, then in the same virtual CSS file, look for this rule:
Code:
/* change on .hentry hover */
.hentry:hover h2 a .firstpart {
	color: 	#0090d3;
}
Change the color value to #000000. Then add another rule:
Code:
.hentry h2 a {
	color: 	#000000;
}
Old May 23, 2016, 04:46 AM
pietrafesa

2 posts · May 2016
First and foremost, thank you Mr CrouchingBruin.
Two things:
1) When I installed first time th theme, it was correct (no stars, no doulbe colors without mouse hovering).
2) When I tried to change colors by your instructions, that works good, but, after saving, the stars came back again!!!! That was crazy in my mind!
Why it happens? I changed only color codes!
Thank you!
Old May 23, 2016, 08:37 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
  1. I'm surprised, because I've installed the theme multiple times on different sites, and the default behavior has always been dual colored titles and star menu icons.
  2. How did you first remove the stars? Did you edit the style.css file? You should not do that for any theme, especially this one. For most themes, you would first create a child theme and make your change to the child theme's style.css file. However, with Montezuma, you should be making CSS changes to the virtual CSS files by going to Appearance > Montezuma Options > CSS files. What happens is that when you save the virtual CSS files, the physical style.css file gets overwritten by the contents of the virtual CSS files. So I'm guessing that when you made the changes to the virtual CSS file, your change to the style.css file got overwritten. You should have gone to the menus_menu1.css virtual file and looked for this rule:
    Code:
    #menu1 > li > a > i { 
    	display:	block;
    	width: 		24px;
    	height: 	24px;
    	margin: 	0 auto 5px auto;
    	background: 	transparent url(%tpldir%/images/menu-icons-0090d3.png) 0 0 no-repeat; 
    }
    Change the display: block; to display: none;.
If you would like some more tips about getting started with the theme, please see this page.