Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] A Fixed-Width Center Column with Fluid Layout

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 21, 2010, 05:49 PM
seleniumgirl

11 posts · Dec 2009
Help [SOLVED] A Fixed-Width Center Column with Fluid Layout

Hi Flynn, JuggleDad and other Atahualpa gurus--

I'm not the most experienced designer ever, but I love the Atahualpa theme for its flexibility. Thank you! I've been trying to determine if it is possible to create a fixed-width center column when layout is fluid. There are several threads on this matter, and it seems a fixed width center-column is only possible when layout is a fixed width (e.g., 1200px) by defining sidebar widths. True?

This is what I have:

- atahualpa 3.4.6
- left and right sidebars with defined widths and empty widgets
- center column with data

This is what I'd like:

- a center column in which the text doesn't expand/contract when the window size changes.

Can I make the right column(s) fluid? Do I have to make a template? (I hope not.) I've fiddled around with CSS width for .coltwo , .colthree, and .colfour, but none of these seems to impact the center column width. I thought I could do something with #middle, but it doesn't seem to make a dent.

I'd love to hear thoughts when you have a chance. Enjoy the day!